Evolving Our Methods
with Bishop Paul Muchiri
• “The message of the gospel never changes, however the method is always evolving to fit our culture in order to resonate with the next generation.”
• If we don’t reach out to young people with the gospel, we will lose an entire generation.
• 60%+ of Kenya’s population is under the age of 25.
• Kenya’s culture has changed drastically in one generation, with negative impacts from social platforms.
• As the culture has changed, Bishop Paul’s church has sought a new method to reach young people.
• They are seeking out what is enticing the youth, and utilizing those activities to reach them.
• “When people find hope, they want it. That’s what the gospel brings.”
• In addition to providing snacks and meals for kids, they are utilizing, table tennis, darts, pool tables, and sports to reach them with the gospel.
• “Anything that is within our reach, we want to do it. We must save the generations.”
• When young people really experience the love of God, they want it. Utilizing sports is an effective method to remove the disconnect between the Message and the one who needs it.
• Long-term leaders must make changes to their methods, because the younger generation is growing up in a completely different reality than their parents did. We need to find methods to make church and our message exciting and attractive to these young people.
• We need to make sure that the message will continue after we are gone, so we need to bring in new methods to share the gospel.
• Despite the fact that there is no University nearby, because of their love for the next generation, Bishop Paul’s church has become a hot spot for University students, some taking and hour-long bus ride just to attend. The ISA enables quality mentors to connect with and disciple young people, becoming the spiritual fathers and mothers these kids are so desperate for.
• The world is hopeless, and all people, young and old, are looking for hope. If we are able to provide that hope, people will come.
• A meal, a basketball, or any other method is a touchpoint where we can reach young people and offer the hope of Jesus Christ.