In Kenya, you…
• organized a national ISA volleyball tournament & youth ministry conference for 100 girls.
• formed partnerships with regional & governmental sports leaders to reach thousands of at-risk youth in slums and urban areas
• trained 45 AWANA leaders from 22 countries in utilizing sports as a tool for evangelism. These leaders will in turn train all the AWANA clubs in their charge.
• trained leaders from Kibera, the largest slum in Africa.
• trained 70 additional AWANA leaders in Nairobi.
• formed partnership with Pastor Boniface, the pastor of a large church in a remote village, who will now use sports ministry to reach thousands.
• established a basketball club with Jeff in Nakuru for 40 kids.
• established soccer clubs in 5 slums near Eldoret.
• formed a partnership with Godfrey, a soccer & volleyball manufacturer who will now create balls for our clubs so that we no longer need to transport balls from the US, and at the same time are supporting the local economy.
• formed a partnership with Haron, a Maasai leader who is rescuing young girls from the cultural practices of Female Genital Mutilation and child brides.
• with a gift of just 2 soccer balls, enabled Pastor Peter O. to begin an ISA club in Kachibora that reached over 20 teen boys, out of which a new church was born. The church is growing quickly, is already out of chairs, and has recently seen 25 salvations.
• continued our clubs in Kipsongo, Kerugoya, Kericho, Nairobi.
In Ghana, your donation…
• formed a formal partnership with Ghana AWANA to train their missionaries and clubs to utilize sports in ministry.
• worked with Victor, who runs a baseball program for both girls and boys, to help him integrate the Bible into his program.
• made connections with the Church of the Pentecost and plans to train their youth leaders to begin large sports outreach centers in the major universities in Ghana. This denomination has 18,000 local churches.
In Togo, you…
• equipped Pastor Edith to utilize soccer as a catalyst to bring the gospel to previously unreceptive remote villages steeped in witchcraft and ancestral worship. Four of these villages have started a soccer ministry.
In the Ivory Coast, your contribution…
• connected with the Assembly of God denomination to establish ISA clubs in their churches. You enabled the ISA to organize and schedule a training of representatives from 1500 churches this coming March.
• partnered with Benny to launch an ISA club with a large church in the capital city of Yumosokru, where we now have access to convert the main city park into an ISA sports complex which will include basketball, soccer, volleyball and golf.
• helped a large Christian & Missionary Alliance church in Abidjan start an ISA club.
In Guinea, you enabled…
• over 10 neighborhood clubs to launch in the town of Conakry, reaching hundreds of young people with the love of Jesus.
• ISA to provide soccer balls and uniforms to a church planter in the staunchly Muslim village of Koumbia. Now, instead of facing rejection door-to-door, he has hundreds of Muslims coming to his church regularly to play soccer, and they are welcoming his message of Jesus.
In Sierra Leone, you…
• provided training and soccer balls to Pastor John who has now started an ISA club and is reaching many youths.
In India, your contribution…
• helped Coach Praveen run the ISA club in Chilakaloo, India, on the Rescuing Lives compound with a badminton court, tennis court and a cricket batting cage for the young people. Local police officers also come to play badminton daily and have consequently offered to provide security for the rescued girls and women being rehabilitated at the compound.
• supported large cricket tournaments used for outreach. One such tournament with 300 players lasted for two weeks with players being ministered to, prayed for and even fed a large banquet.
• hosted state-wide badminton tournaments.
In Honduras, you enabled us to…
• form a connection with Abel who runs a city-wide soccer program. He has asked us to assist him in turning his program into an ISA ministry center, which we will do once funding allows.
And at home in the United States, you…
• ran a Fall 2020 boys varsity basketball league where we were able to share the gospel with 40 players each week.
• formed 2021 boys and girls club basketball teams in which were the only teams playing in Chautauqua County, NY, in January and February 2021, salvaging the season for these young people. Through sports, ISA was able to be part of the discipleship process for 30 teenagers 4 days a week.
• formed 4 club basketball teams this 2021-2022 winter season, continuing to be part of the discipleship process for approximately 40 teenagers.
• sponsored a club volleyball team working with 15 young ladies.
• partnered with Elim Bible Institute and College to organize and host the Inaugural ISA Northeast Regional basketball tournament for high school teams planned for March 2022. Youth outreach, speakers and ministry will be part of this weekend event.